Start Your OWN Charcuterie Board Business Today!
My name is Mo and I am the Founder of BoardsbyMo. I started my charcuterie business in May 2020 as a weekend, part time side hustle. Today, we are a full service catering company with 3 employees, generated our first six figures in 9 months of being open, and have built a following of over 70,000 on Instagram.
I have 8 years of hospitality experience, a Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, an MBA, and a Master's in Financial Planning. In the last 2 years, I have been able to apply all of that knowledge to build and grow this company. Through that venture, I was named one of Boston Business Journal's 40 Under 40 winners, a Harvard Business School Mentor, and featured on a number of business podcasts to talk about our story.
And I'm here to tell you exactly how to start your own charcuterie board business.
Beginner Board Business Course:
In October 2020, I started teaching a Beginner Board Business Course to help new charcuterie board businesses across the nation get up and running. As exciting as this space is, creating a profitable food service business isn't easy. I wanted to share what I had learned and all the mistakes I had made along the way. To date, over 600 people have taken our Board Business Workshop to help get their own businesses up and running.
Want feedback from real BBM students? Check out our "Beginner Class" and "Intermediate Class" Instagram Highlight to see what others had to say about the class!
In the beginner course, I will cover the basics of starting a board business - everything from creating a business plan, setting up your social media accounts, creating an order process, customer growth strategies, social media marketing, supply and ingredient sourcing, portion sizes, delivery and logistics, pricing your product, virtual classes, and more. Please note, this course is a beginner basics course that focuses on individual board to door delivery.
Intermediate Board Business Course:
After 600 cheese lovers took the course and got their business off the ground, we noticed a need for a secondary, advanced course.
The Intermediate Board Business Workshop takes your little charcuterie side hustle to the next level. In this course, we focus on high volume orders, grazing tables, corporate events, wholesale opportunities, paid partnerships, sponsored posts, and more. This course will teach you how to add additional revenue streams to your business to continue growing.
- We do NOT cover licenses, permits, or any health department requirements. Each and every single county has different requirements for running a food service business. Please reach out to your local health department in order to best understand what you need to legally start your business.
- These courses are an investment to accelerate the growth of your company. Both courses are updated periodically with up to date information and new trends.
- Both of these courses are built on a teaching platform called Teachable. The courses are virtual and on-demand. Once purchased, you will have access to this content anytime you need it, and you can take this course at your own pace. You will also have the ability to skip around sections and focus on what's relevant to you!
- To see the full curriculum of each course BEFORE you purchase, simply click the link below and click on one of the courses. Each section is outlined!
- Along with the content in this course, each student will also have access to the exclusive Facebook group for BBM members to ask questions, share ideas, and continue learning. This group currently has 430 members that you can learn from and share ideas with!